Monday, June 2, 2014

TFIOS

If you haven't at least heard of The Fault in Our Stars by now you must really be hipster and/or illiterate. From Tyler Oakley to Coffee Dave (although not confirmed) to Ian Davies, everyone is giving this New York bestseller a good read. Probably even Oprah too, but I couldn't get ahold of her. John Green is probably the Teen Whisperer because his books have got all the pubescents reading.

The storyline is fairly simple: two teenagers fall in love and it's cliché and wonderful, except that both of them have cancer and will eventually have to face their mortality. But their love extends beyond their illness, and it's heart-wrenching and probably not too unlikely if your relationship was written in the stars omg. I don't believe in fairytale love, but I do believe in John Green (I saw him with my own two eyeballs last summer!!!) The story is a tear jerker for most, but it wasn't for me. I didn't cry at all, but I did leave with a heavy heart and clogged arteries.

I wouldn't say that there are any faults in the stars they chose to play the characters, except that I did think Isaac was blond and not Nat Wolff, and Augustus was more gallant and suave than Ansel Elgort. Shailene Woodley is a fallen deity so no problem there.

Let's talk about Shailene. I don't know if I want to be her or be her best friend. First of all, I've loved her since the beginning when she played Felicity in the American Girl Doll movie. Felicity was my first American Girl Doll so it's nostalgic. Secondly, she was in the Secret Life of the American Teenager for years and that show never got that popular, I don't know why because it was great. Third of all, she pulls off a better pixie cut than Chace Crawford AND collects her own spring water AND makes her own toothpaste AND everything she owns fits into a carry-on suitcase. Please. We are all so basic compared to her.

I dreamt of Ansel during my mid-morning nap today. He's also kind of perfect and is now on my top 10.

Anyway, the movie comes out this Friday and I'll be seeing it more times than Kim Kardashian's been married.

Oh, and my new all time favorite Ed Sheeran song, "All of the Stars" is on the soundtrack, which I've just got word that my friend bought for me at the Mall of America!

Imagine writing a book that you're so proud of, and a few years later getting to watch it transform onto the screen. That's part of the reason why I'm so excited for this movie. And also for Paper Towns because they've announced they're making a movie of that too! GOD BLESS YOU JOHN GREEN (did you know he's also an avid youtuber and the founder of VidCon???)

So I leave you with this:


and this:

xoxo,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment