Saturday, December 21, 2013

25 Days of the Unpopular: Haim

Alexa Chung once said that there can only be one successful girl band at a time. If this is true, I still think the Spice Girls are on top. But Haim is a close second. And it's not pronounced "ham" or "haym", it's actually pronounced "hyme." Go figure!! Anyway, they are a rocking group of sisters who sound British, but aren't. They're white girls from LA who make rly great music! And they all have middle parts, so if that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will. I heard about them, yet again, via Twitter. They aren't that well-known to the masses, but they still have a fairly good following.

I can't listen to loud upbeat music when I'm studying. And listening to the Downton Abbey soundtrack (despite how wonderful it is) makes me sleepy. Haim is right in the middle for me because it's partially upbeat, but still kind of slow. It's great to listen to whilst writing a paper (if you can write with music) or putting your face on in the morning. I thoroughly recommend. 10/10. 100%. We need more women onstage with a guitar.

Here are a few of my favorite songs of theirs!

Forever

Don't Save Me

If I Could Change Your Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment